Sea Urchins Beach House and Cottage are on the award-winning Bay Holiday Village development, just outside Filey, North Yorkshire. All our guests are given a pass which gives free access to the leisure complex.
Sea Urchins is set within almost 90 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland, and there’s plenty to do on site:
- indoor swimming pool
- steam room
- childrens’ play area
- football pitch
- wildflower meadow
- fishing lake
- pub (John Paul Jones) – dog-friendly inside and outside
- Italian cafe (Lorenzos) – dogs permitted outside only
- Lloyds pharmacy/shop
- private road to beach
- tennis court*
- putting green*
- lake kayaking*
- bicycle hire*
- beauty treatments/massage*
* charges apply
Places to visit nearby
Sea Urchins is around 10 minutes walk to Filey Bay, which has 6 miles of sandy beach, and rock pools. The Bay has its own path down to the beach.
You can walk into Filey at low tide, which is around a 30 minute walk. Filey is a lovely traditional seaside resort with lots of shops, cafes, and a concert hall. It is around a 3 mile drive.
Just a short drive or bus to:
- Bridlington – 8 miles – larger traditional seaside town and harbour.
- Sewerby Hall and Zoo
- Scarborough – 8 miles – large seaside town with castle, parks, cricket ground, sealife centre, concert venues
- Bempton Cliffs RSPB reserve
- Flamborough – 5 miles – with lighthouse and beautiful coves and beaches
Within an hour’s drive:
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway